About Bishop Ticobay
Bishop Ticobay was enthroned as Prime Bishop of the Episcopal Church in the Philippines (ECP) and Metropolitan of the [now defunct] Metropolitan See during the Regular Synod on 4 May, 1993. Prior to this, he was Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Southern Philippines from July of 1986 to 1992. He also served as Executive Secretary of the National Council Office during the years 1984 to 1986.
Bishop Ticobay finished his Bachelor in Theology at St. Andrew’s Theological Seminary in 1957. Bishop Ticobay was ordained to the Diaconate on 13 July 1958 and to the priesthood on 7 June 1959. His first area of assignment was as Assistant Priest of the Church of the Holy Nativity in La Union from 1959 to 1960.
He then embarked on being a Pioneering Missionary as the first Missionary of the Philippine Episcopal Church to Sabah, Malaysia where he stayed for six years between 1960 to 1966. He then proceeded to St. Augustine’s Anglican College in Canterbury, Kent in the United Kingdom in 1967 where he did further studies. When he came back to the Philippines, he went to Holy Trinity Church in Zamboanga City where he served as Assistant Priest until 1969 when he became Rector. Bp Ticobay served Holy Trinity until 1984.
While serving as Rector of Holy Trinity, Bishop Ticobay concurrently served as Chaplain and Director of the Good Shepherd Mission School in Calarian, Zamboanga City as well as Chaplain of Brent Hospital from 1969 to 1976. He was also prevailed upon to serve as a Religious Teacher at Brent Hospital School of Midwifery. It was the call to serve as Executive Secretary of the National Council Office that eventually brought him to Metro Manila.
He leaves behind his wife Angelita Degay Ticobay and three children, Cedric , Wendy and Christel, their respective spouses and four grandchildren.
His ashes were interred at the altar of the Cathedral of St. Mary and St. John, Quezon City, Philippines.
Many thanks ATTY FLOYD P. LALWET, ECP Provincial Secretary, for writing the brief biography.